Forum Discussion

James_Scott
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Ugh... It's happening again... A/V sync issue.

I wrote about this a year ago and about 5 months ago.  On Boomerang (Baton Rouge channel 224), for the last two or three days the sound has been ~2 seconds out of sync with the video (programs and commercials), just like it was the last two times.  Again, I don't know if it's Boomerang or Cox that is having an issue, but you folks did a great job getting it fixed the last two times, and I hope you can work your magic again, thank you!

It's so odd that I never see this on other channels!

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

If it's only Boomerang, it's probably an issue with Boomerang.  Cox wouldn't have anything to do with out-of-sync issues with Boomerang.  Both are located in Atlanta, GA so maybe a Cox employee went next door and reported the issue to a Boomerang employee!

boomerang.zendesk.com/.../new

MarkM1
    Former Moderator
    Hi James,

We want to look into this for you. Would you send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your full address so we can check into this for you. Please reference this post as well.

Mark M.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    James_Scott
    New Contributor II

Hello, it's happening on both my boxes but not on the Contour App (I never thought of checking the app, thanks!), so it's not a Boomerang issue I'd guess.  Previously, moderator BenS1 stated "I have sent through a soft signal which should refresh all of your channels but will not reboot your boxes." and that worked, I think.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

The Internet and a "live" broadcast would be 2 different sources.

James_Scott
    New Contributor II

I did do the email suggested, and the issue is corrected now.  But you are correct, why does this keep happening?  I mean, it gets corrected quite quickly, but still...

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

There's a lot more video data to process than audio data in a TV signal.  The picture is HD but the audio is not "HD" so sometimes the decoding gets out-of-sync with cheap equipment.  I don't think you have have cheap equipment because it's only 1 channel.

If you had sync issue on all channels, it could be your equipment.  If your cable-box is only processing the data, it could be a local issue with Cox.

This appears to be only 1 channel.  You notice it, report it and somewhere between you noticing and reporting, Boomerang resolves it.  Why does it keep happening at Boomerang...equipment, personnel, procedures, your affiliate (if there is 1)?