Forum Discussion

Hickey
New Contributor
3 months ago
Solved

Superbowl LVIII in 4K?

What channel is this on? Do I need a special STB/cable box? 

• Hi, I do see that the Super Bowl will be broadcast in 4k. To be able to watch it through our TV service, you will also need a cable box that is capable of 4k. Please call 1-877-978-9228 and press 1-For programming in 4K. A salesperson will be glad to review these options with you.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi, I do see that the Super Bowl will be broadcast in 4k. To be able to watch it through our TV service, you will also need a cable box that is capable of 4k. Please call 1-877-978-9228 and press 1-For programming in 4K. A salesperson will be glad to review these options with you.

Hickey
      New Contributor

I wish this was a solution.  It's actually a scam. You need all new equipment and to lease the panoramic gateway. 

Called the number, they said we can ship you 4K box or come into the local store and pick up. 

Took off work and drove to Cox store with old box.  Old box returned but clerk can't add 4K box.  Manager says 4K box requires Cox Panoramic wifi router/modem and new boxes for other TVs.  Is this true??? 

Not getting soaked leasing a cable modem (is so 2018).  I left store disappointed with a new/old box ( the same 1080p model but different one ). 

Guess what... new old box is not authorized.  40 mins on the phone with these 3 different people as my non order was stuck pending. Level 2 support was pitching complete care upsell when I can't even watch TV.  Had to verify account 3 times and read serial number from box. 

Instead of switching all my cable boxes and leasing **bleep**ty router, I'm going to stream 4K Superbowl on Peacock.  Time to cut the cord people 

• Hi Hickey. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator