Forum Discussion

Labby
New Contributor
3 years ago

No HD after duplicate channels 1000-1950 removed

Since the Dec 8 change to the channel list I don’t have HD. All channels show 720p, SD and my DVR stopped recording because it’s set to record HD. I use a TiVo DVR and cable card. It looks like other users have seen similar problems. My video settings are set to auto, 4K preferred. Even switching to only 4K has no effect.

This certainly did not “simplify my viewing experience “. Has anyone else found a solution to this?

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Labby,

I am sorry to learn of your channel issues and I would like to help. Please send us an email to Cox.help@cox.com with your full service address so that we may look into your channel loss issues.
    Please be sure to include the URL so that we may identify you.
    I look forward to working with you.

Latitia
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    BrianA_
    New Contributor

So COx is removing all the High Definition channels of the local stations. This is sooo wrong. They are even removing the HD channels of HBO, Showtime, BRAVO and EPIX, that I pay extra for.

I can just get a regular TV Antenna to watch the local channels in High Def (and it will look much better with no cable compression), then access all of the premier movie channels  on the internet.

This is a BIG MISTAKE, COX. You are going to loose customers.

BrianA_
      New Contributor

t's was already bad that COX doesn't offer a cable box that outputs 1080p. I know the TV stations don't broadcast in 1080p (its either 1080i or 720p) but HBO And Showtime use 1080p.

BrianA_
        New Contributor

But I guess that doesn't matter because I am loosing all of the HD Channels I watch. I guess that $3,000 I just spent on a 4K TV was a waste of money.  I'll save a lot of money by dropping COX Cable servies. There are several other options.....

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator

No channels are lost to the customer, only duplicate channels are removed.
      Channels to be removed are in the 1000 range or 2000 range based on the market.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        Brian_A_
        New Contributor

Jonathan, the local stations that I used to watch in HD are now standard definition. I pay extra for the HD channels, so now I’m paying extra for nothing. 

Why would COX do that? I watched the news this morning and it looked like **. I feel like I’m am getting ripped off.

Come on Jonathan, tell me why I shouldn’t drop COX. 

Andrew_Wees
      Contributor III

No they moved the hd signals to the sd channel numbers