Forum Discussion

jeri_g
New Contributor II
6 months ago
Solved

New Contour Box - Black Screen with Prime, Max, Apple

Hello,...just replaced my contour box and everything works, except streaming apps.  I can access, sign in, and select a video, but get a black screen.  

I cleared the locally stored memory,  refreshed the system setting, and still have the same problem. 

I am hoping for a setting I overlooked so I don't have to go back again to swap out the box.  The previous box wouldn't boot.

Thanks, all

• Hi and thanks.  I replaced the cable box and the new one resolved the problem.  Must be a firmware or software issue with the box.  All set now 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jeri_g, my family loves being able to access apps through the cable box, so I understand the frustration this must be causing in your household. I'm not convinced that the box is the core issue. It's possible there is a signal issue to the box. So that we can assist you and get your apps working for you, please email my team at Cox.Help@cox.com. Include your name and address in your email. I'm sure we can get this resolved for you! 

jeri_g
    New Contributor II

Hi and thanks.  I replaced the cable box and the new one resolved the problem.  Must be a firmware or software issue with the box.  All set now 

StephanieS

jeri_g

Thanks for letting us know!  Glad everything is working fine now.  Please feel free to reach out here 24/7. 

jeri_g
    New Contributor II

The new contour box failed to boot today.  The hard drive is making noise and this box has to be replaced.  Your refurbishment process needs a little fine tuning 

LaToyaW

Hello

I'm sorry this issue has continued. Looks like we may need to get a Tech to come out and check our equipment. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com .

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Marked Solved... as a 4 day solution.