Forum Discussion

wuziq
New Contributor II
4 years ago

MOCA automatically disables itself daily

MOCA worked perfectly since the start of our upgraded service in August until about a week ago.  It then disabled itself for some reason.  After reenabling it, it only disabled itself again the next day.

I've reenabled it again, but I don't want to have to do this again.  I want MOCA to stay enabled as long as I have service.

Modem:  CGM4141COX

TV streaming:  Xi6-A

MOCA adapter:  Actiontec ECB6200

Zero has changed since the start of our service.  What gives?

3 Replies

MisterR
    New Contributor II

Same issue with me.  Looks like the most frequent complaint on here lately, so there is plenty of info. Also found some posts on Reddit.    My modem is CGM4140COM and I noticed it started happening around 12/15/2020.  

wuziq
    New Contributor II

@CoxHelp on twitter gave me an unsatisfying answer of "MOCA should not be enabled if you only have the Contour stream player".  I don't understand why this is the case since it has worked fine for several months, and we initiated no change to our account or service.

How do I keep MOCA enabled and working as it had been from the start of our service until last week, without paying more than what we originally signed up for, or doing anything extra?

wuziq
    New Contributor II

MOCA is now disabling itself multiple times a day.