Forum Discussion

nothappywithtvs
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Mini contour box

I have had tv service for 2 weeks now and will be on my third mini client box tomorrow.  The first would never power on, the second worked for a couple weeks then would not repond to the remote and the picture was very dark, third one lasted about 4 hours before it froze and would only show a blue screen.  Do these boxes have this many problems or is it possible there is another problem.  Hsd direct tv before running through the same coax and not one problem for 4 years.

MichaelJ
    4 years ago
    Returned equipment is refurbished by the manufacturer to repair any defects and ensure proper function.

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Synomenon
    New Contributor II

Could just be two bad boxes in a row.  They are all used / refurbished after all.

MichaelJ
      Returned equipment is refurbished by the manufacturer to repair any defects and ensure proper function.

Mike J.
        Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

If Cox is bench-checking and refurbishing returned equipment, leadership needs to assess your process because it is definitely broken.

Cox issued me a cable box (Rovi) and its remote control had a section of non-responsive buttons.  This unit could not have been refurbished.

Cox also issued me a cable-box with a dead HDMI port.  Straight out-of-the-box and zero output signal.  This unit could not have been refurbished.

Cox issued me a telephone modem with its power receptacle broken from and dangling within its chassis.  This unit could not have been refurbished.

Either Cox is issuing equipment from its defect pile or you're not performing acceptance inspections.

Cox issued the OP 3 difference boxes with 3 different defects...ranging from power-on, to remote control, to dead screen...and Cox blames the OP's wiring.  As a further insult, Cox tries to push Complete Care knowing no technicians will enter houses due to COVID.

OP will need to exchange the Mini Box...again...because there must be at least 1 operational box left at the Store.

nothappywithtvs
      New Contributor

Thats what I am hoping. Tech support keeps saying it might be the connections, I think that is there way of saying I don't know how to hook up 3 wires.

MichaelJ
        Something to consider, it may be the wiring in the house that needs to be checked out. If you schedule a tech to come out to troubleshoot further, check out this link for information about our interior wiring plan coverage: www.cox.com/.../completecare.html

Mike J.
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Nothappywithtvservoce

Because Direct TV uses a different type of splitter for there SWM systems that could be what's causing the intermittent signal issue. You may need to schedule a technician out however, our technicians can’t go inside the house. They can check cabling and equipment outside your home. If you need new equipment, they can set it on your doorstep, and they can walk you through troubleshooting/installation while still outside your home. They’ll talk to you over the phone, FaceTime/video chat, or even through an open window at a safe distance.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator