Forum Discussion

James_Scott
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Issues with Sound cutting out for a couple seconds.

Hello, I have contacted support, had technicians out to the house, but the issue persists.  Tech said that there was a problem in the neighborhood, but nothing has been done about it.  Tired of waiting on the phone, or worse, with chat.  Can anyone give a timeline when the "problem in the neighborhood" will be corrected?  I am in the South River Oaks subdivision in Baton Rouge.  On all the channels I watch, on both Contour boxes, sometimes the sound will just cut out of a couple of seconds, then come back.  It's not my equipment as I can stream and watch DVDs/Blu-rays with no issues, and the tech stated that it was the Cox equipment in my home.  Please help.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi, James. I know it's hard to enjoy your service with signal issues. I want to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We're eager to help you get this fixed. -Chris J Cox Moderator
    bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

It's a problem with the way Cox is encoding and or transcoding the original source video from MPEG2 to H.264 (MPEG4).
    Its a problem for most everyone. Cox is also prioritizing IP (internet) traffic over QAM video traffic on their network.