Forum Discussion

Bob_Az
New Contributor
4 years ago

How will I get Peacock TV on Cox starting July 15?

Reports say Xfinity and Cox customers will get Peacock TV Premium for free, presumably after the service goes online nationally on July 15.  How do I access Peacock?  Via a Contour App or what?

9 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    You will see the Peacock title appear on your Contour menu or Contour Stream Player menu in the app section. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Andrew_Wees
      Contributor III

why is cox limiting it to contour hardware only when we should be able to authorize via web browsers?

https://www.peacocktv.com/cox#ib-section-section-

Peacock is available across a variety of devices.

Web Browsers:
      Chrome 70+ (Windows/Mac)
      Firefox 65+ (Windows/Mac)
      MS Edge 40+ (Windows 10 or above)
      Safari 12+ (Mac)

DustinP
        Hello Andrew,

The following are required to access the Peacock app:
        Any level of Cox Internet service.
        Any level of TV service when using the Peacock app through any tablet, smartphone, or online.
        For the interactive Receiver app, you must have Contour 2 or Contour Stream Player service.
        Your subscription is with Peacock and is billed separately from your Cox bill.
        In addition to your Contour 2 receiver, Peacock can be viewed on their website or via the app for Peacock.

There are eligibility requirements for Peacock Premium with a Cox account:
        If you are a Cox Internet customer with Contour TV Essential or higher, Peacock Premium is currently included in your plan. Cox Internet customers with a subscription to Contour Stream Player or Contour TV Starter, enjoy a limited time preview at no additional cost. Requires Contour Box with Voice Remote. Peacock Premium has a $4.99 monthly retail value.

Dustin
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
      brijim
      New Contributor

So before discovering this site, I called COX and after waiting for several minutes I talked to Don is sales.  I asked what I needed to do to sign up for Peacock.  He told me that I needed to talk to Contour Tech support.  He transferred me and I waited for 7 minutes to talk to a rude idiot whose first question (after I explained in detail) was "what is Peacock".  He then said he had no idea and I needed to talk to sales.  I told him that I had already done than and again, he said he had no idea.  At that point I gave up.  Great work COX....

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Brujim,

On July 15, 2020, the Peacock app is launching to Cox customers. Peacock is a streaming service from NBCUniversal that offers movies, episodes of your favorite TV series, and exclusive original content. You would need to have contour 2 to get this service just say Peacock in the mic to access.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator