Forum Discussion

tonguetwister
New Contributor III
7 years ago

How long do I have to watch a rented title?

My frame of reference is Amazon and Vudu where, prior to consenting to pay for a rental the user knows in advance not only how long in days they have to view the movie e.g., a week or two, but also the expiration date having begun to view it, e.g., 36 or 48 hours.

For instance, say I agree to rent Wonder Woman or Bladerunner, and begin watching but get interrupted to the point where I stop or abort playback. Can I resume watching it within the next day or two?

4 Replies

StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    chaloots,

When you choose the option to Rent/Buy you will be given the rental period. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

tonguetwister
    New Contributor III

When you choose the option to Rent/Buy you will be given the rental period. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Yes, as a matter of fact I *do* have another question. What kind of answer is that? Is it because you're either unwilling or unable to provide a pertinent, valid response other than a boilerplate, copy/paste reply–––or–––do a bit of investigative research to satisfy a customer concern? 

Prior to consenting to rent, THIS is what is plainly visible on a competitor's site: "When renting, you have 30 days to start watching this video, and 48 hours to finish once started." 

I shake my head in wonder why I even f*ing bother to ask questions here.

• chaloots,

I apologize if the previous response caused any confusion. Some On Demand rental periods are 24 hours, some are 48 hours. This is listed in the information panel for the content.
    In addition to the rental option, subscribing to Contour allows the purchase of content. You can see more at https://www.cox-ondemand.com/how-to-watch/movies-on-demand/

tonguetwister
    New Contributor III

Thank you, ColleenD. Apology accepted.

There no doubt have been, and will continue to be, customer requests for resolution which may at first appear---to those knowledgeable of certain facts and details ---plainly apparent. It's always easier when you know how. Now I know.