Forum Discussion

rlgrot
New Contributor III
7 years ago

How do you set up two Contour boxes in same house to each function as an individual box? Do not want to mix recorded shows on both server boxes.

I got two main boxes because Cox said They would be separate entities....meaning my wife's Contour unit would have her scheduled and saved shows and mine would have mine. That is not happening. Both our shows are howling up on each box. How can I set boxes to work as stand alone box, not whole house system?

7 Replies

rlgrot
    New Contributor III

Cox tech came to house and put a filter on each box.  It did not work.  I still have the boxes talking to each other.  what a pain in the A! Can't believe you cannot have each box act independently.  How do you know if you have Contour 1 or 2? Just got my units the last 5 days.  

Becky
      Hi Rlgrot, Contour 1 allows for two stand-alone DVRs in the same household. I thought the same was possible with Contour 2, but, apparently, the system wasn't designed that way. (I learned something new today.) If you have an Arris or Pace Xi or XG receiver, that's Contour 2. - Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    rlgrot
    New Contributor III

Is there a way to switch to Contour One boxes?

Becky
      Hi Rlgrot, you may switch your Contour 2 receivers for Contour 1 receivers, if you like. - Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    rlgrot
    New Contributor III

What is the difference between Contour One and Two?

rlgrot
    New Contributor III

You would think you could change the configuration on one of the DVR boxes electronically.

Rovi was so much simpler to use.  I liked the Rovi guide and recorded program screens better. 

rlgrot
    New Contributor III

How difficult can it be to isolate each box from each other? What if you have a rental property and have Cox cable installed to house. And renter needs to have own account.  What do your do then?

Second gripe. I have McAfee security suite installed thru Cox.  Seems McAfee blocks me going to sites that are conservative in nature....what is the leaning of Cox?