Forum Discussion

Carnival
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Freeze and audio "blips" on Contour

For the past two months or so, our tv freezes--cannot change channels, exit recordings and/or guide.  Basically can't do anything.  Sometimes get a message like "One moment, please".  Also, intermitttently the audio goes off for a couple of seconds.  What is wrong?

4 Replies

Art_Kohler
    New Contributor

I have the same problem.  The cable box just freezes up and I get a message that "We're having some trouble" and gives me the option to "Restart", which I do, but I miss some of my program in going through the reset process.  This has been happening for several months.  Why do I keep having to reset?  This tells me that there is something wrong with the cable box and/or the remote controller.  I really like the Contour system features, but I get really annoyed with constantly having to go through the reset process.

BenS1
    Former Moderator

@Carnival and @Art Kohler

Are there any splitters or amplifiers that are connected to the coaxial that is screwed into the back of your cable box? If so can you bypass the splitter/amplifier and plug it directly into the wall from the cable box?

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

Carnival
    New Contributor II

There are no splitters or amplifiers connected to the coaxial that is screwed into the back of your cable box; it has always been plugged directly into the wall.  So--what is wrong?

Carnival
    New Contributor II

There is a splitter outside of the house from the street.  The only splitter in the house is in the bedroom for the mini-box TV and internet.  The main TV in the living room, where we have the problem, is connected directly to the wall and then to the main splitter from the street.  If we get Cox messages on our screen when it freezes, it doesn't seem to be a connection problem.