Forum Discussion

dp118
New Contributor III
7 days ago

Cox to Stop TiVo Support email?

I just received an email from Cox Cable which seems to indicate my TiVos will no longer be able to work with Cox Cable in mid-July 2024.  I live in Northern Virginia.  I have three TiVo Bolts using 3 cablecards.  

This is the email from Cox:

"An upcoming software update will impact the compatibility of your current equipment with our Cox video services.  After the update, your existing equipment will no longer work—so to get ahead of this upcoming change you'll need to swap your equipment out very soon. We are committed to making this transition as easy as possible for you."

I'm wondering if this is directed at TiVo customers using cablecards.  Cox isn't clear in their email that TiVos will no longer work.

Anyone receive this and does it apply to TiVo?  

2 Replies

DznyFan
    New Contributor

Yes. It is directed at TiVo users. No issue with the cable card. You will need to get a new tuning adapter. I just put in my order. It takes about two business days and comes UPS ground.

dp118
      New Contributor III

Thanks.  Just called Cox and they are sending new tuning adapters.  I will do a self install though they said they would send out a tech to install them for free.  Cox indicated they want the old tuning adapters back to remove them from my account to avoid additional charges.

Will be interested in folks issues, if any, changing these out with their TiVos and cablecards.  Cox Tech I had on phone said he spent an hour getting a swapped unit to work for a customer in California.  Cox has a dedicated cablecard phone number which I've used and will use if necessary.  

Will need to reboot TiVo once new tuning adapter is installed and may or may not need to resync via tech support according to my Cox rep.