Forum Discussion

PrimeTime01
New Contributor
7 years ago

Cox on Demand app for Tivo

Hi, I just learned that I can get a Cox on Demand app for my Tivo, but I can't seem to find the right information on how to get it.  I see some areas talk about codes needed for my box, but I can't find the right  person who knows what those are so I'm trying here.  I have a Roamio Pro using the Hydra software.  Any help in adding this feature would be greatly appreciated

5 Replies

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello PrimeTime01,

Thank you for contacting Cox Social Media team. The On Demand is available for Tivo Roamio. I can verify the service level to make sure that it's available. Please send an email with your full name, address, and a link to this forum to cox.help@cox.com. We will reply back once we receive the email. Thanks
    bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

Prerequisite you MUST have Cox HSI Preferred or above to access Cox OnDemand on TiVo.

EDIT: TiVo has added the Cox OnDemand App to the App section very recently, it did not used to be there. At least my Bolt has it now.

TiVo's new Hydra UI (Gen 4 Experience) does not display an App in the App section for Cox OnDemand. Cox OnDemand is fully integrated into the Hydra UI.

The only way to access Cox OnDemand is from a Home Shortcut, or through a Search or a Streaming OnePass.

Cox OnDemand is only available as a "Home" Shortcut.
    Press "A" on the Home screen and assign one of the numbers to Cox OnDemand
    If Cox OnDemand is not listed as a Home shortcut, it will need to be added by TiVo Support and also Call Cox Cable Card Support @ 877-820-8202

On the Host DVR make sure Cox OnDemand is checked in Add & Manage Apps.

==============================================================================

===============================================================================

===============================================================================

EDIT: TiVo has added the Cox OnDemand App to the App section very recently, it did not used to be there. At least my Bolt has it now.

Penogg
    New Contributor

Ok, I just came across your post regarding VOD/PPV on Cox. I recently purchased a Tivo Bolt and was running the new Tivo TiVo Hydra / TiVo experience 21.**

I was having a bit of difficulty to get the Cox On demand App to show up on the Bolt until Tivo came across some info the said that the new Tivo Experience has a problem with the app and they had to downgrade me to the original 20.7.4.RC18-USC-11-849..

Ok, all is well with the old OS and I have the App and it works great. But I really miss the newer OS..

Any Thoughts?

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

Penogg said:

Ok, I just came across your post regarding VOD/PPV on Cox. I recently purchased a Tivo Bolt and was running the new Tivo TiVo Hydra / TiVo experience 21.**

I was having a bit of difficulty to get the Cox On demand App to show up on the Bolt until Tivo came across some info the said that the new Tivo Experience has a problem with the app and they had to downgrade me to the original 20.7.4.RC18-USC-11-849..

Ok, all is well with the old OS and I have the App and it works great. But I really miss the newer OS..

Any Thoughts?

I do a lot of testing with and for TiVo, and have not heard of any problems with the the New TiVo UI Experience and Cox OnDemand.

I have the New TiVo UI Experience on one Bolt and have never encountered any issues with Cox OnDemand, nor has anyone else mentioned a "known issue" as you described.

^^^^^^^ See my posting above ^^^^^^^^^^

Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

mo issues with cox ondemand on hydra since it launched out of beta