Forum Discussion

too_cheap_to_bu
New Contributor II
7 years ago

Cox Customer Service, AGAIN.

Every time I call or ask about why my service was upgraded, without my permission, I get told that the upgrade was done, and nothing can be done about it, unless I discontinue all cox services. The issue is not about wanting more service, but why was I upgraded without my permission, along with the bill increase. In fact an earlier thread with this same question was responded too,(NOT SOLVED), with an offer to sell me more services, which I do not want, nor do I wish to pay for. Then the thread was closed with a resolved notice, when the ISSUE WAS NOT RESOLVED.

4 Replies

• Hi Too cheap,

Changes made by Cox don’t always require customer permission. For example, proactive network upgrades sometimes require that customers replace outdated telephony, broadband, and video equipment to keep up with advances in technology. I’d like to take a look at what changes were made to your account. Please email my team at Cox.help@cox.com so we can further investigate.

too_cheap_to_bu
    New Contributor II

I finally got another contour box, and had the PAY movie channel removed, and my bill lowered back to what it was with less channels. I wanted the basic channels, local, and some cable,(WGN,USA,TNT,TBS), but since they are unavailable at this current price, I am looking into going back to antenna service, with Amazon Prime, which appears to be less expensive.   

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @too cheap to buy more

The purpose of the Cox TV Support Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable Television services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues or would like to submit a channel request, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.