Forum Discussion

awalsh7
New Contributor
6 days ago

Cable Television Signal Going Out NIGHTLY!!!!!!!

For nearly the past MONTH, at random times of the night, usually beginning around 10:30 PM or so (and occasionally early evening), I have getting the blue screen, which reads:

"Service Unavailable.

Sorry, there is currently no TV signal detected on this channel. The channel may be temporarily off the air. Please try later. If the problem continues, please contact Cox Customer Service at1-866-961-1207. Reference M.3.1.4, when calling. Alternatively, you can press the GUIDE button on your remote control on to watch programs on other channels."

Then when I go to GUIDE, it says Program Unavailable for EVERY CHANNEL!

I have called and called and called! Got more reboots than I can remember! NONE HAVE WORKED!

Cox sent out not ONE BUT not TWO, technicians! The first technician first told me that it was my television set. I told him that it was NOT, and that this problem was happening on BOTH of my televisions simultaneously. He then changed both boxes and remotes, and assured me that the problem was not inside of my residence.  He was at my residence for NEARLY THREE HOURS! The second one told me that it was not necessarily not inside of my residence and that it would have to be looked into by his supervisor. He told me to leave unplugged one of my boxes overnight, and see if the other television still loses the signal. And then told me he had to send this problem to his "Supervisor" and that he would be contacting me the next day. I NEVER HEARD FROM HIM! I was also told if I do not hear from him, to call the "Supervisor," directly. I called him, left a voicemail and have heard NOTHING! I tried to send a text, and his phone will not take text messages. I have wasted over 8 hours of my precious time (which is my work time, which provides the means to afford Cox Internet and Television!)

I have not gotten ANY kind of satisfaction, nor repair of this problem! I pay nearly $200.00 of my hard earned money per month for internet and cable television! I have asked everyone I have spoken to at Cox about getting bill credit for each night that this has happened. I was given a small amount of credit for the first 2 reboots, but I was told that that was all I was getting, despite the continued problem! Nobody has followed up with me regarding this serious problem. No phone calls, no texts (other than confirming technician home appointments), and NO EMAIL! This is EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!

I expect a response from Cox Communications regarding this issue, and soon. If I do not hear back from Cox Communications regarding this problem and if this issue is not resolved by Tuesday, I will be CANCELLING my Cox Communications subscriptions, and closing my Cox Communications account, and will recommend that others do so!  I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS!

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello there. I certainly apologize for the service issues you have been experiencing. I can understand how frustrating it can be when the service is not working properly and you are not getting the appropriate assistance. Can you send us an email to Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name and complete address? I would like to investigate this issue for you.