Forum Discussion

TheTravellers
New Contributor
4 years ago

Bypass RDK-03003 screen?

Cable got ripped out of the pole by a neighbor's tree during the recent ice storm in OKC, and techs are taking forever to get to me, rescheduled it without letting me know. :-(  We have tons of shows on our Contour 2 DVR (local hard drive, not in the cloud) and were wondering if there's any way to bypass the RDK-03003 screen that says "Sorry, something went wrong, fix your connections, etc."?  Chatting with an agent wasn't helpful, she said that she checked and there isn't way to bypass it, but thought I'd check here to see if anybody knows anything more than she does.  Thanks in advance...

2 Replies

• @The Travellers, There is no way to bypass that error code. The box is trying to access the service and is unable to do so. It does look like we will need to wait for the tech to fix the down line. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      TheTravellers
      New Contributor

Thanks, suspected that was the case, but was hoping someone had found a hack around it (hold down three buttons at once and push 2 other ones, or something like that, lol).  Personally, I consider it a huge bug that you can't at least watch the shows that are recorded on the local hard drive, there really shouldn't be a connection needed to access those.