Forum Discussion

Marathon1
New Contributor
7 months ago

Can’t port number from Verizon to Cox.

My new IPhone 15 pro max arrived yesterday. I activated my phone with a new number instead of transfering a number.  Unfortunately getting a new number from Cox was a big mistake. After an hour phone call they finally tell me that this can’t be done since I selected a new line upon activation instead of transferring a number. Apparently I’m stuck with a new Cox number and I can never port my Verizon number over to my new iPhone 15.

Will be returning my device and possible filing  a CPUC/FCC compliant.

4 Replies

Marathon1
    New Contributor

I was on the phone with mobile support/mobile sales for about an hour. Issue is since I setup iPhone with a new number, I can't port a number from Verizon to it.

if you know somebody that can assist I can DM you my info

LatitiaS

Hi Marathon1,

My team has limited access to mobile accounts but I would like to view the order to see if something can be done.  The porting process can take a few days, but I see no reason why the number could not be ported.  Please send us an email to Cox.Help@cox.com with your account details so we can investigate.  

Be sure to include the URL in your email.

Cox Forums Moderator

Marathon1
        New Contributor

After about five emails back-and-forth still an outstanding issue. I was told to call the mobile sales team again.

• Hi Marathon1,

I regret to learn of your predicament.  I would surely recommend calling to speak with our Sales team, as we do allow our customers to port numbers from other providers.  Something is surely amiss.  Please call 1-800-234-3993 when time permits.

Cox Forums Moderator