Forum Discussion

nimedic
New Contributor II
4 months ago

Yahoo Transition

I am so frustrated with this Yahoo transition that my head is about to explode! I've received the notifications, clicked the provided link, entered my address and created a new password but, I accomplish nothing! My family has 5 email addresses and now, no one can send or receive email. 

We use Outlook 365 and I've gone into account settings and selected repair manually, and have changed the incoming and outgoing servers to reflect Yahoo's servers but each every time I do this, it always defaults back to the Cox IMAP and SMTP servers. 

I backed up all 5 accounts and deleted each one thinking it would allow me to recreate them using the Yahoo settings but, I WAS WRONG! This SHOULD NOT BE THIS DIFFICULT!

Cox, you say that you've always provided email services for FREE. That is a lie! I've been a customer when Cox purchased TCI in Baton Rouge in the late 1980s or early 1990s and I've always had email. It was part of the services I have been paying for all of these years and now you have the audacity to imply that you were doing this out of the kindness of your heart. That's BS!

wkgart
    New Contributor

I'm also having problems with the transition. I keep getting the "Oops, something went wrong when submitting the form" message back. I have verified the email & password is correct. There is no contact or help info in the transition email from cox.

Jaelliott1
    New Contributor

I’m sorry you’ve had such a hard time transitioning to Yahoo. We didn’t have any trouble with that, but once we started with Yahoo Mail, we are continually getting advertisement emails. We have had a Cox email address for over 30 years and didn’t have to have advertisement emails that I didn’t request pop up in my inbox all the time! Not happy with this transition!

JulianN

Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox, regarding the transition. We value your business, and I would be happy to assist if needed. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you! 

LisaH

I will be glad to see if your email account transitioned to yahoo. To do this, please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator