Forum Discussion

ChrisB
Community Manager
5 months ago

Yahoo Email Transition - Links & Resources

Hi All,

We've pulled together a list of the most helpful threads you've posted related to the Cox.net email move to Yahoo. Thanks to our community members for sharing your tips and tricks!

Also, just a quick note, not all customers and email accounts are being transitioned at the same time.  You will receive emails from Cox in advance to let you know about your email moving to Yahoo. When your email is ready to make the move, you will receive an email from Yahoo with instructions on how to do so. 

If you have multiple email addresses, each of them will receive their own individual instructions when they are ready to move.

On to the Topics!

MacMail - Yahoo Email Setup as documented by tkaz 

MacOS Mail App Setup as documented by @Lyndonb95

Outlook 365 Setup for Mac Users as documented by tkaz 

Yahoo Email Transition - iPhone Setup as documented by MangoMan 

Check Here if You're Missing Folders in Outlook, discussion by SteveK08 

Thunderbird Settings as documented by Waleee

In addition to the threads above, be sure to check out https://www.cox.com/residential/support/coxnet-email-transitioning-to-yahoo.html

Thanks!

Tcox
    New Contributor II

If I ditch Cox internet for another ISP, does this affect the cox.net email accounts in any way?

Those email accounts are now completely controlled and routed thru Yahoo servers aren't they? 

ColleenD

Tcox 

We value your business and your participation in our Community Forums, so I certainly don't want to see you go, but the truth of the matter is that once your email account has transitioned to Yahoo, it is managed by Yahoo and not tied to your Cox account or services in any way. But this only applies if all email accounts associated with your service have fully transitioned, meaning that when you try to sign in at https://myemail.cox.net/ you are NOT seeing your inbox, are redirected to the Yahoo email platform, and can successfully sign into the Yahoo platform and see your inbox for each account. The added caveat is that you must maintain activity on the account by signing into Yahoo mail regularly. (per their guidelines.)

If you are considering a change I'd like to hear more and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the matter with you. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post. You can also reach us on Twitter/X  @CoxHelp, or visit us on Facebook.

Batman
    New Contributor

The last of my Cox emails have moved to Yahoo. This is the largest and I can get my emails online through Yahoo mail

I moved my other emails to my Android phone,  IMAP,  but i can't set up the last one, my default account. I get this error whenever I try. All settings are correct. 

"Couldn't verify account

The username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account. Check your email account settings on the web..."

Where is this setting?

Thanks

iggyaz
    New Contributor II

Transiting from Cox to Yahoo Email was time consuming and difficult.
    I guess if we leave Cox we lose the email addresses  totally.
    I have heard they will keep email open for you after you leave Cox for 30 to 60 day.
    Can anyone verify this?
    Thank you

ColleenD

iggyaz 

Thanks for your comments! I'm so sorry to hear your mail transition was difficult and time consuming. It was meant to be a simplified process only requiring you to sign into the Yahoo webmail platform once each account had individually transitioned.
      We certainly don't want to see you go, but as long as all of your Cox mailboxes have been successfully transitioned to the Yahoo mail platform, they will remain active with Yahoo if you maintain the required activity per Yahoo's mail guidelines. Once transitioned the email inboxes are no longer tied to your Cox services or controlled by Cox.
      We really do value your business. If there's anything I can do to help with your account or services, or any other matters please kindly email cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address and the details of your concern.