Forum Discussion

peacock32123
New Contributor
9 months ago

Why is my CoxWiFi hotspot broadcasted by my panoramic gateway locked?

The CoxWiFi hotspot that is broadcasted by my gateway requires WPA2 password to it. Has anyone had the same issue and how did you resolve it?

33 Replies

DRVEGAS
    Valued Contributor

You have to enter your password from your primary user account to be able to connect to it.

Stage
    New Contributor II

I also have this issue but the gateway doesn't belong to me so guess I'm screwed. And yes, this was a legitimate coxWIFI gateway, the password was just recently added it seems as I have connected to this location multiple times in the past.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Cox WiFi hoitspot broadcast by pano is locked by Cox ID and Password. you have to select it, and then you should get a login page, asking for username and password. the username is your Cox Login ID for Cox webmail, or Cox Web Site, and the associated password. 

peacock32123
      New Contributor

No mine is protected by a WPA2 password . I cannot even get connected to it and there is no captive login (because it is protected by a regular Wi-Fi password like the home Wi-Fi )

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

Silly question.. Are you SURE it's a WiFi hotspot broadcast by your router, OR could it be a nearby neighbor who named their personal WiFi the exact same SSID as the Cox Hotspot SSID, to be a Pr**k..... I ask that cause someone nearby where I live has done the same thing. 

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

I have a pano and it's not locked here I just tried it.  Are you able to login to your router okay?  I think you might have to login to your router to access the hotspot.

peacock32123
        New Contributor

I can login to my router and I tried to turn the privacy setting in my profile off and on but the issue still persists

peacock32123
      New Contributor

yes I tried multiple times factory rest the CoxWiFi hotspot broadcasted by my gateway is still a locked SSID. Model is CGM4331COX