Forum Discussion

rotate
Visitor
9 hours ago

Why has cox support regressed.

Like 10 years ago i could call a number for support, They could bring up my modem and see downstream and upstream channels. See there was an issue with the lines or connection and send someone out.

Now all i get is a "live agent", that clicks premade prompts and doesn't acknowledge or read anything i type. Just waits for the correct response to their question and does nothing till then except hit their auto response about working on your request. Been waiting 15 mins for me to say yes reset my modem, i told them i reset it multiple times already. Thats why i am trying to get help.  downstream and upstream were dropping out, managed to get an appointment from the auto bot app bs. The came out Spet 17th, it was main lines, will send bucket truck.  Truck came next day fixed it.  As of October 1st my downstream is perfect my upstream drops out none stop 30% + packet loss.  The auto app bot just checks down stream says nothing is wrong with my connection so i can't get it to send anyone out. How do i contact a living human that can think?

• Hi there rotate,

My team is available for support 24/7, but if you would like to speak with an agent on the phone our numbers are listed on the website.  Visit www.cox.com, then in the upper right corner you will see "Contact Us".  Click that option and you will see contact information.  Depending on what department you need, be sure to click the link to view the contact info.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.  

Cox Support Forum Moderator

• cox office for my town was closed, tried few numbers, got office two towns over. Finally got with a human, they could see my upstream was terrible and keeps cutting out, got a service appointment set for tomorrow. So hard to get a human to talk too lol.  The automated app just checked the downstream and says everything ok! lol..

SharielH

rotate, that is strange. Usually if you call the local store you're rerouted to the call center since the agents at the stores don't troubleshoot issues. They are sales based. Feel free to reach out to us on that email is there anything we can assist you with going forward. 

rotate
        Visitor

the local office did reroute me to a call center, but i couldn't find a cox support number anywhere on cox website. Kept sending me to the app or chat box.

• rotate, I am sorry that was your experience when reaching out for support. We can still see all of that information. Feel free to email us at Cox.Help@Cox.Com with your full name, address and link to this forum for assistance.