Forum Discussion

barrettd
New Contributor II
7 years ago

Why can't anyone fix my bill?

Between October and November, my bill nearly doubled, from $85 to $150/month. I've been trying the past 2 months to get someone to fix it. I have not paid the new rate because it's absolutely not what I signed up for. Now I'm told my account has been locked due to no payment, and the only way I can get anything changed is to make a payment. Why on Earth would I make a payment when I'm getting overbilled? Additionally, they billed me for yet another month yesterday, and when I call to cancel service, I'm told I have to make a payment in order to cancel my service. Additionally, they've hung up on me twice after explaining my predicament five or six times to different people and being bounced all over departments.

This is, without a doubt, the worst customer service experience I've ever had.

2 Replies

• Hi, the purpose of the Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.
    sincitymatt
    New Contributor

I feel your pain. Mine was $134 per month. I have internet and a basic tv package with no DVR (I have my own Tivo). They bumped mine up each month until it was $190 within a few months. What services did you have?