Forum Discussion

New_Appsuite_fo
New Contributor
3 years ago

Why Am I Getting Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender Emails?

I am getting numerous Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender emails from mailer-daemon@mx-out.cox.rs.oxcs.net.  Here is an example and I followed the link to error code meanings for CXSNDR and found that it appears to be a problem with Cox domain.  The email also listed 552 which is a list of prohibited file types.  However, none of my emails included a prohibited type of attachment.

The other problem is that the returned mail message does not identify to whom the returned email was sent to so there is no way to know whose email was returned.

Can anyone help explain and resolve this Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender problem?

Terry

21 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

SMTP 552 is someone's account has exceeded its storage capacity.  If you're getting lots of bounce backs, it could be your account.

Helenarosey
    New Contributor

This is also happening to me so I'm curious as to what this is.  There are two attachments on mine but do not want to open the attachments in case there's a virus attached if it's spam.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

You are trying to send or forward an email with 2 attachments you don't trust and as long as this email is in your account, you get bounce-backs for other email you try to send?

Helenarosey
        New Contributor

I haven't sent anything with attachments.  The attachments are titled Delivery report.dat and undelivered message.eml   (I didn't mean to hijack the OP's thread)

• there has been another thread on this topic.  it's been going on for about 3 weeks for some of us.  it started when we were trying to send spam to "spamreport."  interestingly, i now get a bounce back message every time i go back to my inbox after having checked my spam folder. i use webmail only.  and those 2 attachments tell you nothing.  actually, one has all the code for the message, but only my sender info...not who it was to. wouldn't cox tell me if i have exceeded my storage?

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

If you're able to sign into Webmail, you're Mail Quota and usage are displayed in the lower left of the Inbox page.

• Hi New Appsuite For EMail,

Please reach out to us through our Social Media accounts: Facebook (through private message) or Twitter ( DM ). Please include a link to this message. We will;l need to take a look at your email setup and we don't want you to post your personal information on this public forum.

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      socal_transplan
      Contributor III

i don't have a social media presence, but i did as tiffany suggested (after wider got me the correct address} and sent info to help.cox@cox.com. last time i tried that they said "sorry."

MichaelJ
        Socal Transplant,

Our email address is cox.help@cox.com

Mike J.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator