Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
3 years ago

Where did all my posts go?

So I went to go sign in today and it gave me either 1 of 2 errors(see below). I dumped my cookies and tried a different browser and PC and still the same. Waited about 20mins and now I can login normally but all my posts are gone. Both my comments and my original posts. This was after my account was marked for spam. Did a moderator delete all my content? Why!? I have emailed Cox to follow up but would like a answer here.

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Interesting, it does in fact show under activity those posts you have replied to, but all of your specific content is missing. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

They even deleted other people entire threads just because I posted in them. This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I hope I get a answer fast. So far the only reasons seems to be "we have been made aware of some concerns regarding our forums platform". Concerns?!

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Don't have a bad taste in your mouth, Mouth.  Reviewing flagged posts is probably an official process but not a priority process.  Curt and I flagged a suspicious link the other day but the link remained for a few days.

When my account was under review, my flagged posts were from locked post dates years ago.  it took a few days to clear me.

I don't know who has the responsibility to review accounts, but Tiffany did an initial look and surmised no violations.  In addition, this was over the weekend,  In addition, whoever does it probably does it in dribs and drabs during a shift and probably another does another drib and drab.

If there's a button to annoy you, people will push it.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

So whoever pulled my posts did so to ALL of them. Not just the ones marked as spam/abuse, unless someone ran a script to mark ALL my posts as spam. So far they are researching via email. Fingers crossed.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I can see your posts.  I went to your profile, clicked Activity and scrolled for a few minutes.  You seem complete.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

My activity is intact, along with my profile. But try to find any of the posts or threads I made. Remember the one I did asking "Who is marking my posts as spam?" Try to find it.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

If you go to Forum Home and click the filter under Recent Posts, can you see your posts and participation?

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

bruce Looks like some of your posts were deleted too. So far they haven't been helpful via email.