Forum Discussion

Mr_Coffee
New Contributor
4 years ago

When will IPv6 work with Fiber to the Home under Gigablast?

Had IPv6 working when I was on a cable modem (coax), but after getting switched to Fiber (and a Nokia box), we do not get an IPv6 subnet.

According to this page, everything should now have IPv6, but it seems fiber doesn't. (www.cox.com/.../ip-version-6.html)

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @Mr. Coffee, Cox supports IPv6 in a way that is transparent to the customer experience. For customers with IPv6 capable devices and software, IPv6 will need to be enabled in your home equipment, if it is not enabled by default. Your Internet experience is provided using a mix of IPv4 and IPv6 that is transparent to the end-user. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Mr_Coffee
      New Contributor

My router never gets an IPv6 subnet. My devices do not get an IPv6 IP.

https://ipv6-test.com/ says IPv6 isn't supported.

This all worked under a cable modem. It's just once I was converted to fiber.

LisaH
        Cox has established an IPv6 Migration Program to make sure that all Cox networks, systems, and products have IPv6 compatibility so that when the IPv4 addresses are exhausted, we will continue our business operations without interruption. We are in the process of developing the IPv6 migration plan for all of products and services. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator