Forum Discussion

ayo
New Contributor II
2 years ago

When I sign out and press the back button, I'm still logged on. Isn't this a huge security risk and violation of the CCPA?

Will you program this website correctly, please? It's a shame that these errors are not tested before implementation, risking a data breach and loss of PII.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

You have to close all browser tabs to completely sign out from Cox.  If any other browser tab is open, you can close Webmail and re-open it without re-entering your User ID and password.  It doesn't matter if you clicked "Sign out".  You can also access My Profile and Voice Tools without re-authenticating if all browser tabs weren't closed after leaving Webmail.  The same scenario applies if My Profile or Voice Tools is opened first.  Cox may have meant to do that, but they should highlight that sign out requires all browser tabs to be closed, not just Cox websites.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

The reason for this is the Cookies on your computer, not the Cox system. If you want to see this, log out, then clear cache and cookies, THEN try the back button. 

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Of course it's cookies.  But it's Cox cookies.  Are you seriously suggesting users clear their cache and cookies every time they close Webmail?

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

The Cox Cookies are located on the Person's computer! Where else are they gonna get cleared from, Mine? Yours?