Forum Discussion

Jameezilla
New Contributor
6 years ago

What is the deal with new customers getting better rates for the same services as loyal customers?

I've been a loyal customer for a year now and my internet went up to $89.99 a month.... after notifying the "Loyalty Department" I was told the only discount they could give me was $15 off /month(starting next month) and they would not be able to honor that deal. My previous internet company (SUDDENLINK) would always honor the deal when I complained about unfair pricing. I feel like I am being taken advantage of yet no one seems to care.

3 Replies

MarkM1
    Former Moderator
    Hi Jameezilla,

We have introductory rates so that customer's can try out different services. After the introductory offer, the rate will go back to the rate that you are currently paying now. We do have offers as well for our loyal customers also. They would be different then the rate that you see advertised for new customers. If you would like to have this checked for you, please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your name & full address so we can look into this for you.

Mark M.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • My biggest pet peeve. If you can resolve this you will be a Cable God. I've been a customer for 16 years and I hate seeing ads/discounts that are directed at "new customers only."

EricaW
      Former Moderator
      BobC927, I totally understand. We can usually change the account settings to stop email, mail, or site notifications that are not specific to you. We look forward to that email contact at cox.help@cox.com, if you have not already been in contact with someone.

Erica
      Cox Support Forums Moderator