Forum Discussion

Batman1967
New Contributor
5 months ago

What’s going on!!!

Hello just asking has anyone else been getting a lot of spikes in their Internet usage? This is getting absolutely annoying on days I use the Internet I’m using 37 to 40 gig a day I’m not streaming watching movies upgrading or updating xboxes or computers and I’m using 37 to 40 gig. on days that I’m not using the Internet and nothing is running. I’m using 60 to 70 gig and it’s listed as being used by the other’s category Don’t understand what others category means but it’s getting irritating. I’ve been using the same items in my home for years and never going over in data now in the past two months. I’m constantly going over there’s no explanation for this when I call nobody can give me a legitimate answer.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

do you have amazon alexa/dot/echo? Ring Cameras? Have you checked your WiFi connections to ensure that you are the only person connected and not someone else?

Batman1967
      New Contributor

Yes I have Alexa and have had it for 4 years now. Yes I have looked at my WiFi and can see everything connected to it and nothing is new for years now everything is the same as always 

LatitiaS

Hi Batman1967,

We would be more than happy to assist you further.   Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or by email at cox.help@cox.com. Please include your full name, complete street address and details of your concern in your message.

Cox Support Forum Moderator