Upgraded to Gigablast and got worse speeds
So I got the modem from Cox today (TECHNICOLOR: CGM4141 D3.1 OR PON GATEWAY) and set it up.
Everything went fine except it took a couple attempts to finally get the modem activated. The issue I'm facing now is I am getting comparable or even worse results than I was getting from the lower Ultimate Classic package I was on before.
I tried all the troubleshooting that I could do (below)
- Powered off the modem a few times
- Connected directly to my computer via Ethernet
- Reset the modem to factory defaults
- Tried a different Ethernet cord
- Restarted my devices
- Contacted support via chat
A quick run through of chat support
- Had me unplug the modem a few times
- They reset the modem remotely
- Had me remove the attenuator from the coax line
- I think they re-did the order as well
Nothing helped and the support person said "somethings are out of Cox's control" which is true, but I do not believe it to be the case in this situation, considering this is a Cox modem, and a superior package, while my own modem on Ultimate Classic outperformed this combo.
They also said I do appear to be on the Gigablast package already so it isn't a problem of not being activated yet. Though I do find it weird that the service is only listed as "high speed internet" on my account page and I still get prompted to upgrade to Gigablast, which shows me that my current plan costs me $0.00. I'll attach an image.
So what do I do now?