Forum Discussion

Vegasgeek
New Contributor
7 years ago

Unusable Internet

I have had unusable internet since almost the start of the new year with intermittent drops in connection, latency, and severe packet loss. Multiple calls to the Tech Support number and I was advised that it was an outage every time. Finally, I requested a dispatch to my home to verify cabling. The tech found an issue with COX's demarc at my home which he resolved. Mere hours later, ANOTHER outage occured and brought my service down for the 4 day in a row.

I called the Tech Support line, again, and spoke with a Supervisor, Angela, who told me that it was due to construction that COX was doing to lay fiber lines. I was never notified of this construction, nor do I see why an Ethernet customer should be impacted by a FIBER installation. Angela told me that was all the information available and to call the Corporate number; and the number she gave me is disconnected.

A COX representative needs to contact me about this immediately. This is severely impacting my ability to do work; and therefore, pay my bills.

2 Replies

• Hello Vegasgeek, The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally. We can definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.
    DJGem
    New Contributor

I'd be demanding a discount from them for all the days of lost service.....