Forum Discussion

Alvaro_Guevara
New Contributor
9 months ago

Unsubscribe from ALL Forum email?

Ive read a few forum posts on unsubscribing , 4-7 years old, none of the solutions work. And cant find a WAY to delete my profile? 

Thanks

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Turn off all Forum notifications except for threads in which you've participated

Select an individual forum above (TV Forum, Internet, Phone, Apps).  

Then clickin the lower right of that forum's home page. 

(If you see, notifications for the selected forum were already off.  If you click it, notifications will be turned on for that forum).

Repeat for each forum you want notifications turned off.  It only has to be done once for each.

An alternative Settings method is described in Option 1 of this post.

Turn off all Forum notifications for threads in which you've participated

Select a thread in which you've participated and want notifications turned off. 

Then clickin the lower right of this page. 

(If you see , notifications for the selected thread were already off.  If you click it, notifications will be turned on for that thread).

Repeat for each thread you've participated in and want notifications turned off.  It only has to be done once for each. 

If you only want to stop receiving email notifications, see Option 2 in this post.

Note: Procedures listed are for Legacy Webmail, but the only procedure change appears to be step #3 is now "All settings ..." at the top, rather than "Settings" in a menu.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III
    Ive read a few forum posts on unsubscribing , 4-7 years old, none of the solutions work

I noticed you joined Cox Support Forums 4 days ago and joined the Internet group 3 days later.  You've since left the Internet group.  Just out of curiosity, why did you ask about unsubscribing from all Forum email?  Were you receiving Forum email notifications?

Most of the functionality in Settings was disabled over 5 years ago, including the setting to turn Forum email notifications ON/OFF.  There's an issue occasionally reported by users who receive Forum email notifications even though they did not and could not have turned on that function.  If you still receive Forum email notifications, see Option 2 in my previous reply above.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

FYI I don't think there is a way to delete your profile. Besides not getting notification, why would you want to? You don't have any other posts to delete.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

My Webmail was converted to the new format today.  While checking out the new version, I opened a "Forums" folder I had created.  It contains Forum email notification messages that were moved to this folder by a Filter Rule I created.  I did this to monitor when these emails were being received while moving them out of sight of routine Webmail.  These emails were received even though I could not have chosen to get Forum email notifications because this feature has been disabled in Settings for over 5 years.  The most recent email was received a week ago.  This Filter Rule could just as easily have a "Discard" action which would eliminate ever having to see the Forum email notification messages at all.