Forum Discussion

maratgab
Visitor
6 hours ago

Unreliable Service, Inconsistent Communication, and Years of Frustration

We have been experiencing ongoing issues with Cox’s internet service for the past few weeks, with the last few days being particularly unbearable. Despite having replacing our equipment and a technician visit, the internet remains incredibly unstable. Cox’s diagnostic system is beyond frustrating – one moment, they claim everything is fine in our area, only to admit an hour later that there are indeed issues they are “working on.” The inconsistency is mind-boggling.
This lack of reliability during peak working hours is devastating, especially for households like ours with two people working from home. Our productivity and ability to perform our jobs have suffered tremendously, directly due to Cox’s failure to provide the service we’re paying for.
This pattern of poor service has been ongoing for years. Cox’s boasts of quality service are laughable when, in reality, they deliver nothing but instability. Unfortunately, Cox holds a monopoly in our area, but the level of service they provide is far below acceptable.
If you have other options in your area, explore them first. Cox should be a last resort.

• Hi Maratgab, like you, I work from home, so I'm intimately familiar with the impact an outage has on your job. I understand how reliability is more important than ever, with so many of us working from home. It takes a few reports from customers who connect to the same neighborhood node before an outage is triggered. If you are one of the first customers to report an issue to us, our system may not be showing an outage at that time. We try to provide as much information as possible regarding outages. We offer proactive outage information and text message alerts. I'd like to investigate what's happening in your area and see if there's anything I can do to help. So that I can further assist you, please email Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name, address, and a link to this post.