Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
11 months ago

Ubiquiti UCI modem approved.

I was looking at the certified cable modems page and noticed they approved a Ubiquiti modem. It's the first rack mounted modem I have seen. Anyone have one?

www.cox.com/.../ubiquiti-uci.html

10 Replies

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

ubitquiti has traditionally been a higher end product, though it has had it's issues. One of them being DNS. It used to be a default setting that any device both inside the network as well as external of the network could be provided DNS, which lent it to being used for underhanded activity. 

I don't use their product, as I haven't had a need for it, being very happy with my Arris equipment, and NOW my Netgear equipment. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

What interest me is that it's rack mounted. Surprised it's not a Cox Business modem then. I can't see rack mounted systems being that common in the Resi market.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Happy 4rth my friend. This is one of those days I am proud to have served in the U.S. Submarine Forces. MM2(SS) USS Barbel SS-580, USS New York City SSN-696, and commissioned the USS Pittsburgh SSN-720.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

My brother is in the Air Force and I had a step father that worked at Electric Boat in Quonset welding submarines. Thank you for your service!