Forum Discussion

sidandhodr
New Contributor
27 days ago

Three weeks of daily outages in N Phoenix

We have Cox with unlimited data in the N Phoenix Area. Up until about three weeks ago we were very happy with the service. We had the occasional outage, nothing consistent like the outages we have been experiencing the last three weeks. 

We have had multiple daily network outages for varying time periods for three consecutive weeks. It can be down anywhere from 20 minutes to 12 hours.

The messages we see in the Cox app and from the text alerts have become more and more vague, now with no ETA's on when service will be up. The most recent reading "we're sorry this complex network issue is taking longer than expected to resolve. Rest assured, a dedicated team is actively working to restore consistent service. We apologize again for the inconvenience and will continue to provide daily text updates." Text Message

These outages are happened over a very long period of time for such an essential service. Your website message has not changed over several days of outages.

I am fortunate to have a very good work from home job that relies on that stable internet connection Cox is supposed to be providing according to our agreement. My employer can't work around these outages forever, and that puts my employment in jeopardy. I understand that Cox is not liable for my lost wages, however I'm sure you can see my point of view in being unhappy with a paid service we are only getting access to half of the time. The lack of transparency in Cox communications for the service outages in our area is very disconcerting.  

I would like to see if I can get an update on the time frame for the repairs or resolution that's being implemented to resolve the issue. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello,

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Thank you.