Forum Discussion

dijanab89
New Contributor
9 days ago

Super slow speeds at night

My speeds drop down to a crawl at night during peak hours. Have been doing it for months now. Called cox, they said it’s my modem, bought a new one, same issue, they came out, said the tap was rusted, replaced it, same issue. I’m thinking it’s a network problem on their end and I’m extremely frustrated. I’m dealing with speeds as slow as just a couple Mbps most nights. Wondering if anyone else in the North Las Vegas area is experiencing this. 

4 Replies

0waste0
    New Contributor

File a complaint with the FCC. Too many stories that sound similar to yours (including my own).

dijanab89
      New Contributor

They actually replied to this post and went through a few steps with me. Told me it’s cause I’m using WiFi connectivity. I don’t buy it. 

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

There is a way to verify that information. Connect a computer direct via ethernet, and ensure if it has wifi, it's turned off, and then run the speed tests over a direct connection. 

• Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!