Forum Discussion

vdavid232
New Contributor
12 days ago

Speed issues in Wichita

On April 17, 2024, an unexpected change occurred in my area, resulting in a significant decrease in my internet speed. I noticed a substantial drop of 400 Mbps, and the issue has persisted since then. It is worth noting that a service upgrade was scheduled for that day, but instead of improving the connection, it seems to have caused this problem.

To investigate the issue, I conducted speed tests at various times throughout the day (9 AM, 11 AM, 3 PM, 5 PM, 10 PM, 1 AM, and 3 AM), and the results indicate that this is not a congestion-related problem.

Additionally, I have observed a noticeable increase in line noise through my traffic monitor, which shows a highly erratic graph. This disturbance further contributes to the degraded performance of my internet connection.

The situation worsens when connecting to Oklahoma City, OK, using Ookla's speed test, confirming that the issue is not isolated to local network conditions.

Despite Cox recently introducing a 2 GIG internet plan, which I was seriously contemplating upgrading to, this sudden decrease in speed and connection stability has given me reason to pause and reconsider my decision.

1 Reply

• vdavid232

I'd be more than happy to take a look at your account and see what's happening.  Please send me an email to cox.help@cox.com and include your full name, address and a link to this forums post.  Thanks!

StephanieS