Forum Discussion

alefebre612
New Contributor II
22 days ago

SPAM OR REAL?

I recevied an email addressed to myaccount@coxcommunications.com asking me to visit a link to change to yahoo, not sure if it is a real email from cox, asking to visit www.cox.com/emailmove. Is it from cox or not. Sender is rev_butler0226@cox.net

Has anybody else received an email like it? With the change to Yahoo, I'm not sure if this is a valid email. 

8 Replies

• Hello, we would be happy to assist with any questions or concerns you might have. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com if further assistance is needed. Thank you!

alefebre612
      New Contributor II

Julian, I forwarded the email to the address you provided, hope yoy can help.

PJS2
    Contributor II

I have received three of the same emails from the same sender. Almost fell for the first one. Be careful out there!

alefebre612
      New Contributor II

Yes, it just didn't look right. I'm sure others are getting the same email, I hope nobody alls for it.

nimedic
    New Contributor

My wife received an official looking email bearing the Cox logo on 5/30, telling her that it's time to move her account. She clicked the link but, brought it to my attention when it requested the billing information. I have since changed her password. Be careful! Since this has been advertised for months now, every bad actor knows the transition is close and will be taking advantage of everyone that's no paying close attention. Cox needs to make this changeover much more secure.

alefebre612
      New Contributor II

Agree. I am sure a lot of people are not paying attention to fake emails.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

alefebre612 wrote:

I recevied an email addressed to myaccount@coxcommunications.com

Definitely spam, not real.  You didn't receive anything addressed to that email account.  It isn't a Cox residential email address.  Your post is the spam.

alefebre612
      New Contributor II

No, my post it's not the spam, that is why I doubted it was real. When I get emails from cox they will have my email address.