Forum Discussion

IWantFiber
New Contributor
4 years ago

Slow/Inconsistent Internet - Santa Barbara, CA

My internet speed is very slow and inconsistent. I'm paying for the best available package for my address (300 MBPS) and I haven't received anything close to it for more than 30 minutes at a time. It's always disconnecting me or being very slow.

I know it's not an equipment issue as I've restarted my modem numerous times, I've bought new coaxial cables/ethernet cords, I've tightened the cables to the max, I've tried connecting on multiple devices and always face the same issues, my modem is in the next room and was perfect before COVID.

I'm pretty sure it's a Cox infrastructure issue as pre-covid my internet was fine.

1 Reply

• Hi IWantFiber. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator