Forum Discussion

JakeSpeed1966
New Contributor II
4 years ago

San Marcos internet service has tanked over the last year

I've been a cox customer for 20+ years (I was one of the 1st to get cable modem service in San Diego before moving to San Marcos). In the last year the level of reliability for internet has tanked. Constant service disruptions...jitter, packet loss, outages... When this happens it makes work from home impossible. I finally cracked today and started requesting compensation for the loss of productivity that I have experienced and I was offered reduction in my bill. I tried to point out that there has been sub standard performance from Cox for over a year and requested that be taken into consideration. My attempts to express my frustration with unfulfilled promises fell on deaf ears.

I requested that my issue be escalated to a supervisor and was told that it would be 24-48 hours before I would get a call. Last time I requested this Cox failed to call me back. Im expecting the same but who knows?

Looking for a backup plan...FCC complaint, alternate service provider, other?

4 Replies

• @JakeSpeed1966, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of your concern to cox.help@cox.com. We will then review the account on your behalf. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      JakeSpeed1966
      New Contributor II

How is emailing any different from what I have already done?

Am I still reaching T1 customer support....a group that has little to no empowerment to take action to benefit the customer?

I have already spoken to customer retention and was sorely disappointed with the outcome

Patlock
        New Contributor II

I have been experiencing this same problem in my area Phoenix/Mesa for the last 6 months. They always tell me to just email them but there is never an actual solution proposed.

@Allan Why is it taking so long to fix the node in my area after inquiring about this months ago. I literally have better service using my phone hotspot. That is honestly unacceptable and you guys won't do a single thing about it.