Forum Discussion

SteelGriffin
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Repeat issue, intermittent connection, slow uploads a year later.

https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/29869/intermittent-connection-slow-uploads
Here I am just short of a year later. It's doing it again. 89107, Las Vegas.
Same basic symptoms. Seems to like doing this every few months or longer, though to be fair i hadn't had it this bad in recent memory. Possibly even SINCE the last instance in the posted thread. I suppose i should just have a service call, but i also wanted to point it out and see if anyone else is having similar issues.

The symptoms are nearly identical(Though without full drops in connection) with the same troubleshooting steps as in the previous thread, though i admit I haven't had any techs out recently and I was not alerted to any maintenance in the area. Again STARTING during non-peak hours but continuing into peak hours. Again primarily with intermittent upload speeds with significant packet loss for bursts than normal operations again. I suspect the node was oversold, again.

SteelGriffin
    New Contributor II

Ran fine for a bit there, sudden intermittent issues and a complete drop while I'm working.

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

Wired, wireless, modem type, modem router combo or separate units? Need a bit more info. 

SteelGriffin
        New Contributor II

Also mere minutes ago there was an alert for maintenance in the area, however i haven't had a chance to restart my router due to work load and not being able to get off the phone for that. It cleared maybe half an hour after it was first posted. WIth no changes, but that may just need me to restart the equipment.