Forum Discussion

saadi85
New Contributor
4 years ago

Refund my $200.40 ASAP

I called Cox to report that my internet is not working after trying so many times to do it by myself. Cox rep was pushing to dispatch a Cox Pro to fix the issue. He mentioned that if its Cox failure, Cox will take care of the charge which was $75. Cox Tech showed up next day, and after several attempt. He realized that its a Cox problem and he needs to do some wiring check (Per his saying). He did some wiring adjustment outside my home, later he pushed again to have their rental modem. The excuse was that Cox modem has dual band 2.4 and 5Ghz, and mine is only 2.4Ghz. And he mentioned that it will be free of charge for the next 10 days if I'm willing to return it. I had a feeling that there is something going on so I returned it next day, and Cox is charged me $0.40 for one day rental !!!!!!! And by the way, my modem works just perfectly up to this moment I'm writing this paragraph.

Now, here is the big dilemma, first of all, per your technician, there was a loose connection outside my home so since it's outside my home, logically I'm not liable to it which means it's something that Cox should take care of it. Otherwise you should charge me for a connection issue that happens in Mars !!!! And second, I was told that the charge of the tech is $75, for God sake, how come the $75 become $200 !!!!!!!!!

Be careful of Cox tech support, all I was told is fake, tech rep was lying about the $75 charge, and Cox tech blamed me for the fault, though he spent most of the time outside our building doing something I have no clue about. And worse than that, I was told that the their modem is free for the first ten days......

Please train your crew very well and let them sue they don't push or say none sense things, and keep in mind that there are tons of internet providers looking for customers. DO NOT PLAY THESE GAMES OR IT WILL BE MY PLEASURE TO SUE COX, REFUND MY $200.40 ASAP. 

1 Reply

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Saadi85

I definitely apologize for such a frustrating ordeal that you have experienced. Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. We want to address your concerns please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator