Forum Discussion

John2222
Contributor II
2 months ago
Solved

"Update Now" email link blocked !!!

I got an email from Cox Care <lremaklus@cox.net> or I think it is Cox telling me to "Update Now" for the transition? Is this email valid or is it spam? Dear User customers who have not updated the...
    2 months ago

Hi John, I know spam and phishing emails like this are frustrating I get them too. This is not an email we would send out. I get emails like this too  If you would like to, please report it by forwarding a copy of the email to abuse@cox.com 

Abuse Submission Guidelines

The following are the basic submission guidelines for sending issues to abuse@cox.com.

• When forwarding the email, do not attach additional files. Forward the email exactly how you received it.
    • Do not attach additional files to the email. For security reasons, attachments will not be opened. Provide evidence by copying and pasting from your log files or email headers.
    • Do not send emails larger than 64 KB (kilobytes) in size (approximately 800 lines).
    • Send emails in plain text format. HTML and Rich Text are difficult to process.
    • Remove extraneous information (such as non-Cox IP addresses) from the report.
    • Do not include trace routes, ping results, or WHOIS information.

Greg 

Cox Forum Moderator