Forum Discussion

AJG
New Contributor
3 years ago

Problems starting today with typing emails & time frames.

Hi,

I use Classic Email and need help with a really annoying problem, which started today. When I type a response to an email / or a fresh email....that takes more than about 3 minutes, I am automatically logged out by Cox.....with a quick pop up that flashes for 1 second that says that I've timed out. Then I lose any outgoing email that I either just finished, or was working on. I don't have a chance to save it or save to drafts, before Cox wipe everything out. I gets very frustrating, as one of my emails ... well I gave it 4 different try's before this just destroyed my patience & I finally gave up.

Also, I am using a laptop & not a phone, so I can type faster. I cleared cookies, etc. I logged on & off again with the same issues. Would anyone have any idea what has happened, or ( I'd like to ask: what I did?)  But nothing has changed & I've never come across this issue ever before. Thanks much for any input. AJ

6 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Is the pop up message "Your session is expired"?  I can re-create that condition if I access a Webmail link from a Cox webpage while I'm already sgned in to Webmail.  Try closing all browser tabs and open Webmail with this link:

https://myemail.cox.net/

I am not a Cox employee.

AJG
      New Contributor

Thank you much for your quick response. I will try that! Likely that is what occurred. AJ

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I can confirm I've never been timed-out after logging directly into webmail.  I could log-on in the AM, not use it all day and it'll still be active when I shutdown my computer in the PM.  The Cox Account page, however, will timeout on me.

Although I haven't been looking, I've never seen a webmail link on my Cox Account page.  I think the closet I've noticed was email support or something similar.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

I've never been timed out when I just sign in to Webmail either.  But I've seen that "Your session is expired" message before and I re-created it again last night before I replied to the OP.

I said "a Cox webpage" not "The Cox Account" page".  If you look closer, you'll find multiple links to Webmail from other Cox webpages.  Here's one:

Internet Service Details | Cox Communications

Here's another one:

https://voicetools.cox.com/