Forum Discussion

7 hours ago

Planned upgrade turned outage

My services have been down for over 24hrs. Yesterday morning my internet was down, apparently, due to planned upgrades and maintenance. I received no warning about any planned maintenance so I had no way to plan ahead. I kept getting updates about when the maintenance would be finished and when services would be restored. Now here I am, a day later, still no internet or cable. I'm frustrated because there was no warning about the outage so I lost a day and half's worth of income; I'm still unable to work. But even if there was a warning some aspect of the "planned maintenance" led to a community-wide outage. I think it's unacceptable to not have a system in place of alerting customers about upcoming outages. Imagine if the power or water utility providers did that. 

• I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. I work from home and can totally relate. So that we can assist you, please email my team at cox.help@cox.com. Thank you for being a part of the Cox community. 

• Thank you. I have sent them an email. As of this reply, I still do not have service.

NicholeC

Thank you for your email. I apologize for the delay. I will be responding there shortly.

Thank you.