Forum Discussion

anotherrandomus
New Contributor II
5 years ago

PING SPIKE but no ping spike if I use VPN

I have been cox for over 10 years now and I've had enough. About 6 months ago the ping in the game I have always played went up. For over 3 years the ping in that game had stayed the same but 6 months ago it had increased. I contacted cox and they said it all looks fine to them and no matter what I said, they said they dont see anything wrong with it. Clearly something is wrong because when I use VPN then ping drops and there are no packet losses or ping spikes. I have seen now that I am not the only one with the same issues and cox seems not to be doing anything about it. This is absurd. I want answers why this is happening espically now that I am paying way more for internet compared to what I was paying before. What good are all the download and upload speeds if you cant even have stable ping for gaming. For someone who has been loyal to cox I am unsatisfied with the cost and the service.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce_Niere
    New Contributor III

Same issue here. They are just reading scripts as of this point to secure their jobs.

anotherrandomus
      New Contributor II

Isn't there anything we can do... Clearly a lot of people are having the same issues

StormVektor
    New Contributor II

Been dealing with a similar issue ever since last Thursday, after a ~1hr outage. Getting upstream packet loss/dropouts every 5-10 minutes that last 15-30 seconds. What VPN are you using? I still have the same issues when I connect through Windscribe... Someone from Cox needs to address this, and let everyone know what's going on. The least they could do is give an estimated time on when things will be fixed.

Glad to see someone had the courtesy to reply to your post. Mine has been sitting there for over 2 hours... -_-

anotherrandomus
      New Contributor II

I used proton VPN trail to test out the internet. I think the trail lasted for 2 weeks.

anotherrandomus
      New Contributor II

EXACTLY! I have sent them images and there is a server that I am connecting to that is causing all this. I told them the server IP address but they are not listening to me and saying everything is fine which is not true cause I can use VPN and then everything is normal again. They told me they can send someone out here but for what reason? It is not an issue on my end. They can change my routing path so I don't connect to that server but they are not doing it.

Zurq
        Contributor II

File FCC, and BBB Complaints, get your voice known. Don't stop complaining, make them fix it by using your voice, them telling you it's not the issue when it clearly is, is just them laughing in your face, just keep the complaints rolling till something gets fixed, about all the advice I can give.