Forum Discussion

Grantmccullough
New Contributor
2 months ago

panoramic wifi not performing?

I had the panoramic wifi modem/router combo and it finally started crapping out after about 2 years.  I went to the Cox store and swapped it for a new one, but now I'm getting terrible service.   My 2.4hz channel is only giving me 1-10mbps when it used to be around 60, and my 5.0hz channel is only giving me around 60-80mbps when it was upwards of 250 prior.

Are these common speeds or is my new modem/router also defective?

• Hello Grantmccullough, with the concern not being addressed with a modem swap.  It would appear that there may be a concern with the overall signal to the home and appears as you may need for someone to look into your account personally due to the connection issues you have expressed. We can definitely assist you with this.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com anytime for assistance.  We are always happy to help.

• This internet sucks, cox! I have elite gamer and now go back and forth from 28 ms ping to 175 ms and from 0% packet loss to 100% and everywhere in between every few seconds. I guess I can try AT&T.

DannyS

Hello crotchlaguna, the purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally due to the connection issues you have expressed.  We can definitely assist you with this.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com anytime for assistance.  We are always happy to help.