Forum Discussion

Greatdaysahead1
New Contributor
9 months ago

Outage

My internet has been down since 5am. Why?!?! I just went to Cox snd regretting already!! 

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    marcie77
    New Contributor II

Still no service here either. It has been down since last midnight. Email Cox.Help@cox.com 

File a complaint. This happens often enough.  Those of us who work from home and rely on our internet to do so should not have to sacrifice a day of work to pay Cox FOR NOTHING. 

And they can't even provide a reason. 

They can credit you the amount of money that you would have been charged for today. 

Coxoutageagain
    New Contributor II

Been without service since 3am another outage without warning and I'm being told it's a planned upgrade. Who plans an upgrade to run thru an entire Monday? Absolutely wild

marcie77
      New Contributor II

We were told it was a "problem with an underground fiber line."

🤷‍♀️ Ours is finally back up. After 18 hours... 

CoxBlox
    New Contributor II

It's honestly even more outrageous if this was a planned outage and they just refused to tell any of their customers about it.  They really think it's okay to surprise us with full day outages? Why can't they perform these upgrades late at night? Why can't they do it in an incremental fashion? Why don't they warn us beforehand? This is beyond unacceptable.

mikeflores
    New Contributor

This is the same issue I've been dealing with ever since going with the new white modems. My black modem never had an issue. I'm on my 3rd modem now and I've had it with tech support. Same thing always. Check connections, reset power and then try scheduling a tech to come out for $75 just to replace my modem. Why am I paying to replace something I didn't break? I check my security and there is never any risks. 

LisaH

Hi mikeflores. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

• Hi, there. I'm really sorry about the issues you've had with your service and I'd like to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to get you back up and running.

marcie77
      New Contributor II

If you really wanted to get us back up and running, we would already have service, Chris. 🤨

Saltydude20
      New Contributor

I've been holding my tongue thinking our service will come right back on. It's been out for well over 12 hours and no one will provide a reasonable explanation. I really haven't had any complaints, till now. Working from home, this effects my livelihood, I.e. payments, food, utilities (internet). Lost productivity takes away from the little time I have with my family, making up for lost time. An explanation should be warranted and some sort of assurance that we'll have service soon. Its takes time to plan on where to work tomorrow, which is a massive inconvenience. Any solid detailed information will be greatly appreciated. 

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. I'm so sorry you were not offered credit on your bill. I am glad to assess your account for credit. We don't expect you to pay for a service you cannot receive. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to help. 

Coxoutageagain
      New Contributor II

Oh wow at least they offered you a credit they told me the same thing but no credit. What a joke lol here's 4 dollars to hold you over

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

I am paying 69$ a month for internet and telephone. That's $2.30 a day. If I am out for a day, why should I be offered more than what I pay. 

This person got 4.67 for a day. Obviously has faster service than I do, or more services, and if that's what they are paying daily, then a credit of that amount is fair. 

marcie77
      New Contributor II

We were told it was a "problem with an underground fiber line."

🤷‍♀️ Ours is finally back up. After 18 hours...