Forum Discussion

reverendrazor
New Contributor
2 years ago

Outage now over 24 hours - No ETA Northwest Arkansas area internet service. Seems to be a weekly issue. Any others experiencing this?

We have not had internet capabilities in over 24 hours. No ETA, no explanation, no apology, no rebates, no credit for not getting services we are paying for. What is going on with Cox Communications internet services?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Does Cox say you are in an outage? What kind of modem do you have and what lights are you seeing on it?

• yes, I am and i'm sick of it but they quick to cut you off, this been going on too long 

Lovemylab
      Contributor III

Have you signed up for updates via text on your phone? Those normally have an ETA. It may not be satisfactory, but it helps. If you haven't done it before, you have to do it for each outage, it's not a global subscription.

Balliver
    New Contributor

Experiencing this extremely frequently the last two weeks. File a complaint with the FCC. They force cox to open a case and cannot close it with the FCC until the customer has been contacted and worked with. Currently have a case open myself.

Becky
      Hi Everyone, please use Cox.Help@cox.com as a point of contact for normal troubleshooting and account questions, as well as an escalation point. This is the shared email address for my team, the Cox Social Media team. We will do everything we can to resolve your issue and escalate as appropriate! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator