Forum Discussion

GrayWolf40
New Contributor II
5 years ago

One of my 3 cox.email addresses has started giving me an Error message ox800cccoe message.

I have 3 cox email addresses all settings are the same on them, but one of them started getting the above error code. I have tried all the fixes under the support on here and have had no luck. 

Please help!!!!

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    S__Engineer
    New Contributor

I have the same issue:  three different computers with 3 different accounts, all outlook (different version), and every one now has the imap.cox.net error.  Reset the router, reset the modem, no changes to the accounts and yet error (ox800CCC0E) cannot connect to the server … contact ISP.

Any assistance? 

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @GrayWolf40

Are you having this issue using a 3rd party client, webmail, or both?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
        LisaH
        Hi GrayWolf40. What is the rest of the error message? This will help us to direct you on how to fix this. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    jlanger
    New Contributor

Login to server imap.cox.net with username failed

Happening on all my accounts with all mail clients only the webmail client is working all imap connections fail. 

GrayWolf40
    New Contributor II

Yes I am still having this issue, on Microsoft Outlook 365

• Are you using any virus protection software? If so, what are you using? It is possible the virus protection software you are scanning email as well and it could be causing this. You may need to turn off the email scanning feature. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator