Forum Discussion

juliewolf80220
New Contributor
4 days ago

Oklahoma outage continues

Tornado brought service down for 2 weeks. Ok. Cox had to come to every residence and check outside lines. Ok.

Now service is down again...cox text...and 24 hours later they say its resolved BUT ITS NOT. support cant figure out why modem is not connecting. They will be out in 3 days to charge me $75 to connect.

And no credit for any outage. I think my only recourse is to FIRE COX and go Verizon or ATT. Any company would be better.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • juliewolf80220 I'm so sorry to hear you're still having trouble after the outage in your area cleared. I know waiting for restoration after the storms must have been frustrating, only to still be without service once the area had been repaired. I'm glad you have an appointment scheduled. If the cause is anything COx owned, or signal delivery on our network outside your home there is no charge for the visit. I would want to be sure I was billed correctly too, and we don't expect you to pay for service we were unable to deliver. I certainly don't want you to feel like you need to change providers. 

Please know the purpose of the Cox community forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue. 

Billing, account and some service issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post. You can also reach us on Titter/X  @CoxHelpor visit us on Facebook.

Because this post falls outside of the purpose of our forums I will be turning off replies to this thread. We look forward to receiving your email so that we may assist you.